Friday, October 19, 2007

tarot card of the day

I couldn't decide which deck to use, so I used both. And well, it's awfully manly, ain't it?


Tarot Card: Major Arcana, 19. The Sun
Character: Principal Wood
Upright Meaning: Inspiration. Glory. Happiness. Victory. Approval. Abundance of energy. Masculine nature.
Reversed Meaning: Nostalgia and dwelling on past successes. Resting on one’s laurels.
Question: Are you basking in past glories and neglecting the present?
Advice: If you’re bursting with energy, use it. If you’re dwelling on the past, get over it. Don’t be afraid of what’s next.



King of Cups: A successful professional who is in a powerful position. Does not always clearly display feelings and can have hidden depths. Honest and faithful lover.

Inverted: Someone whose talents are washed out by emotional excesses. Could be great but dwells incessantly on emotions. Alternatively, a totally dishonest person with no conscience who will lie and deceive with no remorse.

OK, then. What can I take from this? Two really strong masculine figures, but both with some fairly monstrous emotional issues. I definitely have abundance of energy and creativity right now. I am in fact bursting with energy. Am I using it? I think so, although in a rather haphazard way - could be more focused. Every project is getting influence by the next and the previous. That can be good and bad, depending on the project, I suppose.

Also, the king of cups brings a few people to mind. One is a friend who "is" the king of cups in my deck. I haven't talked with him in a long while, even though we live in the same town. Probably time for a call. Also, the picture reminds me very strongly of a relative of mine. (Ahem, anyone else see the resemblance?) I doubt he has any purple pants, though. (Then again, what do I know?)

And as for the sun card - I almost never pull it for myself, at least not in my original deck. I never pulled it once in the first 10 years I had that deck (although it showed up in lots of readings for other people). So why is the epitome of masculinity jumping out today? Well, if you'll excuse me, I'll have to go ponder that one.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails