Wednesday, October 24, 2007

etsy front page

I think this might be the first time I've been on the front page of etsy. Needless to say, I was very excited. This front page was up (I think) from about 8 am to 11 am or so this morning. The item in question in my cane work egg shaker, amid a page of other wonderful handmade instruments.



The way the front page of the etsy site is chosen is through the treasuries. Etsy members (buyers and sellers) can curate treasuries of a collection of 12 favorite items. The collections stay visible for 1 to 3 days (random), and then the etsy staff picks from the treasuries and posts one of the front page every so often. It's pretty fun, and it means that lots of different items make their way to the home page of the site.

Here's another one of my clay cane work egg shakers.



I really enjoy making and playing these. They start with a plastic Easter egg (which means these are nice and sturdy) filled with beads, seeds, rice, or other noisemaking materials. Then I cover them with thin slices of polymer clay cane work (this particular cane is named Danielle) and other clay embellishments, like this one's spiral "belt."

This one is available here at my etsy shop. I've been known to play one of these at gigs, and they have a really great sound - each one is slightly different.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails