Wednesday, March 5, 2008

tarot of the day



This was not a one blithe Buffy character ponderment sort of evening. This was a full-out entire reading with the real cards evening. My friend Miss Cathy used to say, in her even-though-she's-not-southern drawl, "th' cards don' lie, dude." No, they're not lying, but I do feel they're sort of mocking me at the moment. There's one, count it, one card that's not inverted, and it's the "me in the context of the current situation" card, and it's the Ace of cups. Yes, thank you, I am very fabulous. And the rest are all about being cheated, feeling cheated, lack of justice, frustration and stagnation, and my personal favorite, "the stifling aspects of domesticity." Er, yep. So even though my outcome card predicts financial ruin if I continue on my current path, I feel better already. It's like all that negativity laid itself out in front of me, and now it's there on the carpet instead of punching me in the brains.

The message I'm choosing to take from this (because, let's face it, that's what it's all about), is this. Get over it. Yep, they done you wrong. Yep, asshats abound. So be it. They don't touch who I am, what I'm worth, what my art is worth. So surround me, see if I care.

The cards, in the Celtic cross reading order, should anyone care to add their own interpretation for me:

The Empress, inverted
Seven of swords, inverted
Ten of staves, inverted
Six of staves, inverted
Justice, inverted
Seven of coins, inverted
Ace of cups (did I mention that I'm fabulous?)
Three of swords, inverted
The World, inverted
Five of cups, inverted

1 comment:

Scott Bulger Photography said...

These things freak me out. I'm a big believer in self-fulfilling prophecies, so i don't want anything putting ideas into my head.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails