Tuesday, January 15, 2008

WIP - love challenge #3

Here's the next step of my love project for the pcagoe February challenge.

First, I traced the sections of my picture clearly in black and made tissue paper cutouts.


Then I cut the reduced canes into thin slices, placed them carefully on flat sheets of clay, and rolled them smooth. (I used mostly "mess-ups" and the unusable ends of canes to make the sheets of clay, since it won't be seen anyway.

(hair)

(more hair)


(clothing)

Then I carefully cut around each piece of tissue paper laid onto the clay to make the puzzle pieces.

(clothing)


(face)


(hair)


(face)

With all of my pieces ready, I'll need to make the background next. Probably tiles. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see the progress on this piece. What an amazing project and your color choices so far are awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails