Saturday, December 11, 2010

sugar scrub

I wish I had taken photos while I was making it, but occasionally one has to do an activity with the intent of doing it rather than documenting it. Anyway, here's the recipe I used (after reading a bunch of options on the web, of course) to make a sugar scrub.

1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 T shea butter melted with
2 T coconut oil
1/8 cup grapeseed oil
1/8 cup light olive oil
several drops of essential oils

This was several days ago, and so far the ingredients are not separating much at all. I suspect that's because I melted the shea and coconut together, but who knows. There are no preservatives or other junk in this, which makes it nice, but also makes its shelf life shorter. Still, it should be fine for 4 to 6 months I think.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails