Monday, December 20, 2010

playdough

While I was making the ugly cookies from yesterday, I also made playdough for the kids for Christmas. It turned out really nice - perfect playdough consistency. What more could a person want?

This one's cherry-scented with red food coloring. I have about 8 boxes of food coloring in my cupboard, and only 2 still had red. Now I have no red, which will be annoying next time I need it and think to myself, oh, there's plenty of food coloring in there, no need to buy any.

This one's chocolate-scented with red and green coloring, which will - hopefully - make brown when mixed. I decided to leave the playdough only partially mixed so the kids can do the mixing and watch the solid color appear. That's always fun. And educational. And is in no way related to the fact that I am too lazy to mix it myself.

Lousy photo, but you get the idea. How cute are these little containers? Also, my eh, 5 times the recipe ought to be about right calculation somehow managed to make exactly enough playdough to fill the exact number of containers that I needed. Not sure how that happened.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails