Friday, November 23, 2007

New Ornaments!

Usually I work in polymer clay. I turn it into jewelry, frames, buttons, and lots and lots of beads. But this week I had the overwhelming urge to use felt. Felt does seem to be all the rage in crafting circles these days, and I don't claim to be a felt aficionado. But I went to the craft store, got a supply of holiday-esque colors (some with glitter - what more could you want!) and went to town. They turned out sort of folk-art-y, which is not my usual style, but I like it. I'm going to be at Lancaster Eastern Market on Saturday (11/24), and folk art usually does well in this area of the country, so I have high hopes. Some are large ornaments (about 4.5 inches across) sold singly, and others are smaller (about 3 inches) and come in sets of two, three or four. All are made with felt and my own handmade polymer clay cane work beads. Since these are all going with me to the arts market, I haven't posted any on etsy yet. If you see some you like or have a custom request, feel free to email me at admin@divadea.com. I can post some in my etsy shop just for you!


Marcia Ornaments, set of 3


Miriam Ornament


Natalie Ornaments, set of 2


Shauna Ornament


Sylvia Ornaments, set of 3 (these are my favorite - the middle one has a jingle bell instead of a bead)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails