Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Blue!

Ack, I am a bad bad blogger. Or not blogger, as is more accurate. I guess that means I occasionally have a life that doesn't involve qwerty. That's good, right?


I loved all the blue pictures in the challenge last week. There's a certain blue hat on a kid who really shouldn't be talkin' ghetto that makes me laugh and laugh every time I look. There's a brilliant candy bar shot that I would swear was taken from inside the vending machine. There's a gorgeous blue sky and some rather cardboard cutout soldier guys (hmmm). But my favorite is leftandleaving's Civil Twilight because instead of being a blue something it's a something cast in blue. It's got a cool angle and great shadows, and is all-around fabulous. This is breathtaking, and I want it to be a huge, wall-sized poster.




My blue was taken out my car window. (I slowed down...) This is part contentment and part nightmare for me. I love my house and my neighborhood, but yes, I'm kind of ashamed to admit that fact. I was supposed to be too cool to live in suburbia in a white house with blue shutters with nice neighbors and a lawn. Yet here I am, and it's so pleasant that some days I can't even find it in me to feel guilty about it. At least I don't live in a McMansion, right?



Seriously, though, I have a good life, and I am grateful. Plus, there's a blue-lidded fire hydrant about every 6 feet - Elizabethtown will not burn down.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails