Thursday, March 18, 2010

taxes!

Our EART Thursday blog ring question is all about taxes: Taxes! Do them yourself? Hire someone to do them? How do you manage? Do you keep track of your stuff all year or scramble at the last minute?

Oh, the fun! Taxes are easy at the end of the year if you keep a spreadsheet of all your sales, inventory and expenses. I have a spreadsheet!

Now, if only I had filled it in like I was supposed to... I seem to recall keeping really good records in 2008, but somehow 2009 got away from me. So,  yep, I'm scrambling, searching for receipts, which somehow end up here, there and everywhere. I did keep track of sales, so that's 1 out of 3 in the no problem category. Inventory? Well, I need to do some updating, but that shouldn't be to difficult. Expenses - see the aforementioned receipt problem. But I'm working on it.

As for who does the taxes - not me. I used to, but now I have a lovely significant other who is good at this sort of thing, so I just hand it over. I am lucky!

Continue the ring to see what MichellesCharmWorld does when tax season rolls around.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails