Thursday, July 24, 2008

Jars for treasures


I've been keeping a little six-jar wooden spice rack around forever. Every time I sort through my supplies and materials (which is more often than you might think) and throw away stuff I will never use, I keep these little glass jars because they are so cute. It's one of those I'll eventually use this for something items, for sure. I finally covered two of the jars with the same canework I'm using for my High Priestess tarot art. The lids are made by slicing the puffed-out, distorted ends of the cane off before it got reduced too much, and the bottles themselves are covered carefully by laying on one slice of canework at a time and rolling smooth. It's hard to tell in the photos, but there's some glitter and metallic clay in the cane, so these have a great shimmer.

These could be used to hold art supplies, make-up, spices, salt and pepper, fairy dust, secret messages...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails