Tuesday, July 22, 2008

alphabet mosaics by pcagoe

At PCAGOE we're collaboratively making two alphabet mosaics to be donated to children's hospitals. Each person is making a letter tile. I love this project because I have always been obsessed with letters and alphabets. When I was a teacher, I had a wonderful pre-K and K curriculum with oodles of alphabet activities, from art to cooking to math, and I used to make big elaborate alphabets to hang in the classroom. I had them made out of paper, sandpaper, and a million other materials.

Anywho, one of our mosaics is going to be a color spectrum, like this:


I made the PCAGOE logo part for the bottom row this weekend, and I like the way it turned out.

Here are the 18 tiny canes I made to cover the letters:



I used only a few slices of each, so now I have lots of pretties to make other stuff.

I think this project is going to be a real eye catcher that will be enjoyed by children and adults wherever it ends up hanging.

Here are links to a few more of the letters:

L by Pippa

J by Jael

F by artbylilin

2 comments:

Miriam said...

I can't wait to see a picture of the completed project. Keep us posted!

Megan said...

wow, that turned out really nice amazingly lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails