Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Prize!

Earlier this year I participated in a photography competition, which, yes, seems a little silly for a non-photographer such as myself. But it was open to anyone, and its allure was its theme, which just happened to be one of my obsessions in life - the alphabet. The competition was hosted by crumpart on flickr, and each week each participant would take and post a new photograph, one for each letter of the alphabet. I chose to take pictures of things in and around my house.

W is for Willow (I'm glad I took this one, since she had to be put to sleep shortly thereafter.)

T is for tiny transplanted tree!

A is for Absolut (obviously)

The organizer of the contest was kind enough to make each one of us a handmade prize. This is an accordian journal. It's really beautiful, and I'm going to have a hard time deciding what to write in it! She has lots of lovely art - here's my favorite listing of hers at her etsy shop.

There were some cool people and fabulous photographs in the contest. See them here at the flickr alphabet shoot contest group. I'm pondering hosting a flickr group competition of my own - stayed tuned for details.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails