Wednesday, March 4, 2009

kaleidoscope canes


I made my first attempts at kaleidoscope canes the other day. Mostly I used lengths of canes, old and new, that were multiplying on my craft table. This one made of mostly blues was my first try.

Basically, a kaleidoscope cane is made by building a fairly intricate triangular cane and then using six matching pieces to make the pattern repeat.


This is my second attempt. This one is a bit of a cheat, because I used four triangular pieces and filled in the spaces in between with more matching canes - same basic effect.


And this third attempt is my favorite, because it's all hippie flowers and rainbows.

I must thank my friends Iris and Linda for the kaleidoscope cane inspiration! I have some projects made with slices from these canes in progress, so stay tuned. I'm not usually into sanding and buffing - I like matte finish - but I'm thinking these may need to be shiny. We'll see.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I love the blue and green one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails