Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Well, I can't resist the clay


This is a collection of hair clips I purchased from a PCAGOE friend, nkdesigns.

Sometimes I hear people asking artists and crafters why they purchase items in their own field of work. As in, "You make jewelry - why do you buy it instead of making your own?" Here are some reasons I buy from other polymer clay artists:
  • I love polymer clay. We all love the medium we work in, right? If not, perhaps a change is in order!
  • When you work with a certain material or technique, you have a greater appreciation than the average bear of the skill required, and therefore enhanced appreciation of the final product.
  • I love to have items made by people whose work I admire, especially those who I'm getting to know online.
  • The fact that I work with clay doesn't mean I necessarily have the time, inclination or skills to make certain items.
  • My hair is unruly :)
So there you have it. If you want your own barrettes, NKDesigns has some listed here. The prices are very reasonable, and the product is very well-made. I highly recommend.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Duh. Why do musicians buy music made by other musicians?

One word: Appreciation.


L

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails