Friday, June 6, 2008

movies

We seem to be watching a lot of movies lately. To be honest, I only half watch them, because I in no way have the patience to sit through a movie without doing anything. So I clay or stamp or do some other crafty thing and only watch about half. Here are my ratings for my recent half-watching of movies.


PS I Love You: 6
I'm not a huge fan of the chick flick. It ended, and I thought, but wait, nothing has happened yet...


Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium: 7
The shop owner was a cross between Willy Wonka and the mad hatter. I loved the idea of the movie, but thought it was somewhat dull.


The Golden Compass: 8
This had the feel, much like the Harry Potter movies, of being a movie made from every 20th page of a book, like there was a whole bunch missing. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed it. I love Nicole Kidman and both of the children. I hope the sequel gets made, because I'm interested in the story. And I want to get the book.


Sweeney Todd: 9

It was gross, really gross, which of course is the fault of the story, not the movie. The costuming was wonderful. And the singing was brilliant. No big, brash, obnoxious, front, broadway voices. Good stuff. I loved the little kid. And this is the second movie in which I did not despise Johnny Depp, (The first was Chocolat.) Alan Rickman is beyond lovely. I may even watch this one again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails