Monday, July 2, 2007

The results are in

Thanks to everyone who checked out the Polymer Clay Artists Guild of Etsy June self portrait contest and voted! I was very pleased to get an honorable mention, which you can see here at the PCAGOE blog. All of the entries were wonderful, but my personal favorite was definitely this one. It was also the least literal of the bunch, I think, which is part of why I love it. It's called "The More I Know the Less Black and White I See," and it's by Michele at gabriel.etsy.com. I'm inspired by this self-portrait and the concept behind it. I love the asymmetry, the stamped/embossed effects, the contrast of corners and round, and just the general feel of the piece. And as for the title, all I can say, is Well, ain't that the truth! It's good to be getting older, and it's good to be inspired by the amazing artists at etsy.

P.S. Michelle also has some really unique and wonderful pendants at her shop, which I encourage you to look at on this page. And just for good measure, here's a pendant of mine that I'm excited about.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails