Wednesday, August 13, 2008

my new favorite thing




LaraBars are awesome. They are made of dates, nuts and fruit. They are vegan, either completely or mostly raw, and actually do not taste anything like cardboard. (Thus, not allowing me to use my favorite Xander quote, which is, "Mmmm, cardboardy," but I digress.)
Could I make this snack in my fairly hefty blender? Yes. Am I going to? Um, no. So, yes, these are a bit pricey, but totally worth it in my opinion, to have real, energy-providing food to take to work, eat for breakfast, ward off french fries with...
You can get them lots of places on line. You can see all the flavors at the official LaraBar site. My favorites are lemon, key lime and cherry (I'm fruity.)
And don't even get me started on the chocolate ones...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails